WCAC’s Fuel Assistance Program is designed to provide relief to those households that are most vulnerable to high home heating costs. Massachusetts’ Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) targets assistance to households with the lowest incomes and highest average energy costs. The LIHEAP is intended to help defray the cost of heat during the winter months, November 1 – April 30 of each year.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR 2016-17 FUEL ASSISTANCE SEASON HAS PASSED. Please check back for information about applying for 2017-18.
- Can re-apply through the mail (recertification applications currently being distributed via U.S. mail).
- All income/expense/household information must be verified every year, even if there is no change.
- LIHEAP Application Addendum with Wage Match Disclosure (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Change of Address Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Child Support-Alimony Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Financial Assistance (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Low – No Income Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Odd Jobs Income Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Proxy Authorization Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Zero Income Statement (2016-17)
Learn more about Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) –
2015-2016 DHCD Cold Relief – Informational Brochure
First Time Applicant?
Try our on-line appointment scheduling system.*
Online appointment scheduling now available for intake sites in Spencer, Southbridge, West Boylston, Webster, and West Warren. No appointment necessary at Worcester office, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
LIHEAP Automated Information Line: 508.754.7281
- Check the status of an application already submitted
- Check payments to your heating vendor
- Learn how to apply for Fuel Assistance
For LIHEAP Program/WCAC Storm and Emergency Related Closing Announcements: Call 508.754.1176 x 250