WCAC’s Fuel Assistance Program is designed to provide relief to those households that are most vulnerable to high home heating costs. Massachusetts’ Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) targets assistance to households with the lowest incomes and highest average energy costs. The LIHEAP is intended to help defray the cost of heat during the winter months, November 1 – April 30 of each year.
The last day to submit an application for 2017-2018 season was April 30th.
Check the status of your application by calling 508.754.7281.
If your application is incomplete, please submit any missing documents as soon as possible.
- Can re-apply through the mail (recertification applications currently being distributed via U.S. mail).
- All income/expense/household information must be verified every year, even if there is no change.
- LIHEAP Application Addendum (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Proxy Form (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Child Support Alimony (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Financial Assistance Form (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Low Income No Income (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Zero Income Statement (2017-18)
- LIHEAP Change of Address Form (2016-17)
- LIHEAP Odd Jobs Income Form (2017-18)
Learn more about Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) –
2018 DHCD Cold Relief – Informational Brochure
First Time Applicant?
Try our on-line appointment scheduling system.*
Online appointment scheduling now available for intake sites in Spencer, Southbridge, West Boylston, Webster, and West Warren. No appointment necessary at Worcester office, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
LIHEAP Automated Information Line: 508.754.7281
- Check the status of an application already submitted
- Check payments to your heating vendor
- Learn how to apply for Fuel Assistance
For LIHEAP Program/WCAC Storm and Emergency Related Closing Announcements: Call 508.754.1176 x 250