CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: WCAC’s Office is CLOSED to the public thru May 18th. Staff is available via phone and email to support those in need.
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS – text HEAT TO 80123 (English) or CALOR to 80123 (Spanish) and a staff member will return your call.
- When you apply, please provide the following:
- A copy of your current heating bill
- Identification for all household members including a picture ID for the head of household
- Current GROSS income from all sources and all household members for the past 30 days (4 consecutive pay stubs if paid weekly or 2 if paid bi-weekly)
- Children 18 years and over who are students must provide a letter from the school indicating they are a full time student currently enrolled in school
- If over 18 and claiming no income must sign a no-income statement (provided at office). If you claimed no income for more than a year you must supply a wage statement from the Social Security office
- Current tenant profile if you have a rental subsidy
- A copy of your last check or print-out if receiving fixed income (Social Security, Disability, SSI, etc.)
- Check stub, letter from pension co. or 1099 document received at the end of the year from pensions showing current gross amount.
- If receiving child support, must provide copies of four current payments or court order with current copy of check or stub. Or, notarized statement from ex-spouse stating amount and frequency of payments
- Four most recent stubs workers compensation
- Unemployment award status
- Documentation for the source of Interest Income of over $100 or more
- If self-employed, a signed copy of prior year’s entire tax returns with all attachments. If self-prepared the signature page must be notarized. A transcript will be requested as well.
- If you own a multi-family home: Rent receipts for your tenants, Property Tax bill, Homeowners insurance, Water/Sewer bill, Mortgage interest statement or current signed copy of entire Federal Tax returns, including Schedule E