WCAC’s Fuel Assistance Program is designed to provide relief to those households that are struggling with high home heating costs. Massachusetts’ Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) targets assistance to households with low incomes and highest energy costs. The LIHEAP is intended to help defray the cost of heat during the winter months, November 1 – April 30 of each year.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: WCAC’s main office will be closed to the public through April 7th. Staff will be available via phone and email but there will be in in-person appointments or walk-ins. Please note, clectric and gas utilities have suspended shut-offs through the state of emergency. For heating emergencies, please call 508-754-1176, option 2 and someone will return your call.
If you have never applied for home heating assistance, and think you may be eligible, email us at email@example.com or text HEAT to 80123 and a staff member will call you to discuss. For a Spanish-speaking representative, Text CALOR to 80123.
TO CHECK ON STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION CALL 508.754.7281.
Click here for First Time Applicantsice
- Can re-apply through the mail (recertification applications currently being distributed via U.S. mail).
- All income/expense/household information must be verified every year, even if there is no change.
- ADDENDUM 2019-2020
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS FORM 2019-2020
- CHILD SUPPORT 2019-2020
- DTA VERIFICATION FORM 2019-2020
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FORM 2019-2020
- HOUSING FORM 2019-2020
- LOW- NO INCOME FORM 2019-2020
- ODDJOBS FORM 2019-2020
- PROXY FORM 2019-2020
- ZERO INCOME FORM 2019-2020
- Copy of LIHEAP Oil Vendors 2020.xlsx- accepting new clients
LIHEAP Automated Information Line: 508.754.7281
- Check the status of an application already submitted
- Check payments to your heating vendor
- Learn how to apply for Fuel Assistance
Learn more about Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) –
2019-20 DHCD Cold Relief – Informational Brochure
For LIHEAP Program/WCAC Storm and Emergency Related Closing Announcements: Call 508.754.1176 x 250