Click link below each posting for specific details and application process. Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.
Additional questions can be directed to WCAC’s Human Resources Administrator Rachel Kent at 508 762-9823 or
Job & Education Center
- A unique asset that WCAC has, in addition to the many programs and services we offer to stabilize individuals and households, is our Job and Education Center (JEC) that serves youth ages 14-24 through education, workforce and positive youth development strategies. WCAC is seeking a Director for the JEC. The JEC engages with community partners to provide programs and services including individualized education for youth outside traditional school environment, career pathway exploration, work readiness curriculum, short-term subsidized work experiences, and workforce development training programs. WCAC is seeking a creative, experienced, and knowledgeable leader who can drive the JEC’s next phase of work. This position currently manages and provides oversight to 10 plus education, employment, youth, and wraparound programs. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team, the JEC Director will help to create, steer, and manage JEC’s future as a leader in youth development including helping to reimagine, develop and implement a holistic model of workforce, education and positive youth development that will provide multiple opportunities for youth to access employment, post-secondary pathways, and experience equitable access to services that will help them succeed. Learn More/Apply Here
WCAC’s Head Start program currently serves over 200 children, ages 3-5, and their families in two centers – one located at 25 Cole Avenue, Southbridge; the other site located at 116 School Street, Webster. The center-based programs provide developmentally appropriate curricula, health and nutrition services, breakfast, lunch and snack, special education opportunities, and family services.
- WCAC is seeking a 30 hour per week (10-4), school year, Receptionist to be the face of our Southbridge Head Start center, greeting parents, children and visitors in addition to providing administrative and clerical support for the center. Learn More/Apply Here
- WCAC is seeking a 30 hours per week (10-4), school year, Receptionist to be the face of our Webster Head Start center, greeting parents, children and visitors in addition to providing administrative and clerical support for the center. Learn More/Apply Here
- Our Head Start program has reopened, abiding by the guidelines set forth by the State and EEC. In doing so, WCAC seeks to hire qualified Classroom Teachers to help with the new ratio requirements. WCAC has openings in both our Southbridge and Webster locations, either year round (52 weeks) or school year (40 weeks), as well as part time (30 hrs) and full time (37.5 hours) in which the successful candidates will collaborate with their co-teacher to plan, organize and carry out classroom activities that contribute to children’s overall growth, self-esteem, social competence, development and safety.
- WCAC is seeking a full time, exempt, Family Engagement Coordinator to support families enrolled in the Head Start and Early Head Start programs to promote self-sufficiency and engagement opportunities through education and advocacy. Learn More/Apply Here
- WCAC is seeking a Family Case Manager, qualified professional to collaborate with parents of Head Start children and the education staff to promote the well-being of the child, self-sufficiency, and engagement opportunities. This is a school year, full time position, Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm. Learn More/Apply Here
Healthy Families of Southern Worcester County
WCAC is seeking a full time Family Support Advocate to work in our Healthy Families program. WCAC’s Healthy Families program is based in Southbridge, MA and serves Southern Worcester County. Healthy Families partners with first-time parents to provide coaching and support from pregnancy through the child’s third birthday. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing program participants with home visits, advocacy, support, assistance, and education to help them achieve optimal health, development, family stability, and function in their communities in accordance with a participant generated family goal plan. This person will co-facilitate groups and events when needed and trained to do so. Learn More/Apply Here