Becoming a parent for the first time is a life-changing experience at any age.
Healthy Families can help.
All parents experience challenges raising young children and can benefit from help and guidance throughout the process. We know that you are up to for the challenge.
WCAC’s Healthy Families of Southern Worcester County program serves first time parents expecting or with a child under the age of 1, residing in seventeen communities throughout southern Worcester County: Brimfield, Brookfield, E. Brookfield, W. Brookfield , N. Brookfield, Charlton, Dudley, Holland, Monson, Oxford, Palmer, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Spencer, Webster, Warren, Wales. Services are provided free of charge from pregnancy through a child’s third birthday.
Healthy Families partners with first-time, young moms and dads to provide coaching and support navigating the ups and downs of parenting. A home visitor from the program will get to know you and your baby in your home. They will help you build parenting skills and answer your questions. They can help you set and achieve personal goals like staying in school or finding the right job. What are you waiting for?
Healthy Families program helps you learn how to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy
- Balance school/work and your baby
- Better understand when your child is hungry, tired or sick; make meal/sleep routines easier
- Play games with and make toys for your child
- Set limits and learn different methods of discipline
We can help by:
- Encouraging families to meet their goals
- Offering parenting groups and classes, and a place to meet other new parents
- Teaching songs, games, and activities to help baby grow strong and healthy
- Providing health information
- Answering your questions
- Discussing how to breastfeed and provide good nutrition
- Referring to other community resources
- Connecting you to job training and educational programs
If you do not live in one of the towns we serve, please let us help you locate another Healthy Families Massachusetts program. Please call (508) 909-0061 with any questions.
Healthy Families Massachusetts is administered by the Massachusetts Children’s Trust. and the Massachusetts Home Visiting Initiative through the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Healthy Families Massachusetts is funded through the Department of Early Education and Care, and is an accredited program of Healthy Families of America