Healthy Families of Southern Worcester County serves first time parents expecting or with a child under the age of 1, residing in seventeen communities throughout southern Worcester County. Services are provided from pregnancy through a child’s third birthday.
WCAC’s Healthy Families program serves the following communities:
Brimfield, Brookfield, E. Brookfield, W. Brookfield , N. Brookfield, Charlton, Dudley, Holland, Monson, Oxford, Palmer, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Spencer, Webster, Warren, Wales
Becoming a parent for the first time is a life-changing experience at any age.
Healthy Families can help.
All parents experience challenges raising young children and can benefit from help and guidance throughout the process. We know that you are up to for the challenge.
Healthy Families partners with first-time, young moms and dads across Massachusetts to provide coaching and support navigating the ups and downs of parenting. A home visitor from the program will get to know you and your baby in your home. They will help you build parenting skills and answer your questions. They can help you set and achieve personal goals like staying in school or finding the right job. What are you waiting for?
Community Baby Shower
Having a Baby? Newly Parenting?
Attend this event and receive gift bags, prizes, free food and great information!
Participating vendors include New Hope, Inc., Harrington Memorial Hospital’s Self-Wellness program, the Department of Transitional Assistance and more! Bring a friend, family member, or partner.
Wednesday, May 16th 1:00-4:00 pm
Notre Dame La Salle Hall
444 Main Street, Southbridge
Admission is FREE. Call 508-909-0061 x10 for additional information.
Healthy Families program helps you learn how to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy
- Balance school/work and your baby
- Better understand when your child is hungry, tired or sick; make meal/sleep routines easier
- Play games with and make toys for your child
- Set limits and learn different methods of discipline
We can help by:
- Encouraging families to meet their goals
- Offering parenting groups and classes, and a place to meet other new parents
- Teaching songs, games, and activities to help baby grow strong and healthy
- Providing health information
- Answering your questions
- Discussing how to breastfeed and provide good nutrition
- Referring to other community resources
- Connecting you to job training and educational programs
You can have:
- Home Visits
- Parenting groups or classes
- Family Outings
- Community Referrals
If you do not live in one of the towns we serve, please let us help you locate another Healthy Families Massachusetts program. Please call (508) 909-0061 with any questions.
Click here for FAQs
Se habla Español.
Healthy Families Massachusetts is administered by the Massachusetts Children’s Trust Fund. Health Families Massachusetts is funded through the Department of Early Education and Care.
Healthy Families Massachusetts is an accredited program of Healthy Families of America
61 Pine Street, 2nd floor
Southbridge, MA 01550
Phone: (508) 909-0061
Fax: (508) 909-0062