IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION:
If you are facing no heat, a shut off notice from a utility or are nearly out of fuel…
- Contact our office immediately by phone or in person. (508.754.1176 follow LIHEAP menu)
- YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE!
- We will need a copy of your shut off notice.
Heating System not working
- Tenants must contact their landlords
- Homeowners may be eligible for emergency repair funds through the HEARTWAP program. Contact the office for more information.
If you are in a no-heat situation outside of our regular business hours, please consider the following:
- Check with your local authorities or Call 2-1-1 to find warming centers or shelters near you.
- Pay attention to storm-related information through the media.
- Sign up for Emergency Notification text messaging in your community or with the State.
- Individuals with disabilities and special needs can often register in advance in their communities for services during a crisis.
- Visit READY MASSACHUSETTS for details about emergency preparedness and resources.
- During extremely cold weather and storm emergencies, communities provide emergency shelter opportunities.
- Using ovens and unsafe space heaters for heat is never recommended. PLEASE shelter with neighbors, family or friends if possible.
- During extreme cold, leave your faucets on a drip or trickle to keep the pipes from freezing.
- America Red Cross Provides Disaster relief: (800) 564-1234 (not for fuel emergencies—but extreme storms, fires etc.)