Funded by National Grid, WCAC’s Appliance Management Program (AMP) helps tenants and homeowners to save energy and money by replacing light bulbs and inefficient appliances with NEW, efficient ones.
See the savings on your bill right away with the following upgrades:
- Light bulbs ~ incandescent bulbs will be replaced with long lasting LED bulbs
- Refrigerator or freezer ~ must be replacing an inefficient model
- Washing Machines ~ must be replacing a working top loader with an agitator AND meet other criteria.
- Dehumidifier ~ must be replacing an inefficient model
- Air Conditioners (Window) ~ must be replacing an inefficient model
Clients who have received AMP services recently may not be eligible immediately. Some restrictions apply.
The Worcester Community Action Council currently has contracts with the Department of Energy (DOE) and the major local utility companies to install energy conservation measures in low-income homes throughout Central and Southern Worcester County. Each home receives an in-depth inspection by a certified energy auditor to assess conservation needs and the safety and efficiency of the primary heating system. Areas needing improvement are rectified if the home and the occupant meet the criteria of one or more programs outlined below. All work is subject to the availability of funding.